As per popular request, on this page you will be able to find summaries of the minutes from previous committee meetings.
Do remember, you are more than welcome to attend and we would love to get more volunteers involved. Please contact us via email and we will forward you the details of the next meeting.
17th October 2022
4th July 2022
- Tenant recently left under acrimonious circumstances where the tenant, site warden and Membership Secretary all have different recollections of the expectations with regard to cultivation and timelines. It was agreed the Society needs to make a record of our conversations with tenants when we give them warnings or express our concerns over the maintenance of their plots. It was also agreed there should be a review (between new tenant and site warden) after six weeks of taking on the allotment.
- New storage shed to be purchased at Hungerdown Lane.
- Mo, Chair, delighted at response to the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee event on 5th June. Thanked everyone for coming along to make this a special day and for all the delicious cakes and food they brought to the party.
- 133 names on the Waiting list. Small number of new tenants over the last six months.
- Facebook group created in March with 138 members. Mostly positive comments with members sharing photos of flowers, produce and wildlife on their allotments as well as tips and offers of spare plants.
- Social sub-committee has been created which is determining what members would be interested in attending.
7th February 2022
- New site warden needed for Cricketts Lane (to replace Daniel)
- ACMs (Asbestos Containing Materials) have been discovered on an allotment following previous tenant importing these with manure. Society to grass over the site.
- Tenant has asked to create a no-dig allotment and mulch with mushroom compost, which is fine. However, they are now planning to use wood chippings which it has been advised is not a suitable mulch.
- Three sheds still to be moved under flood prevention scheme at Lords Mead; Wardens and Committee members have offered to provide assistance.
- The Society’s accounts for year ending 30 September 2021 have been prepared together with accompanying explanatory notes. These have been reviewed by an independent auditor who has advised “I have undertaken a review of the Society’s books and records and can confirm that the Income and Expenditure Statement for the year ended 30 September 21 and Balance Sheet as at 30 September 2021 fairly records the transactions in the period.”
- 126 names on the Waiting List.
- The Society has been advised there is a proposal for a new allotment site at Birds Marsh but there are no details as yet.
- Note about DT Brown seed catalogues in Autumn 2022 be posted on site notice boards as not all members have access to email.
- ‘Advice and Guidance to allotment holders’ document to be reviewed by members and Committee.
11th February 2020
- Key safe at entry gate to Hardenhuish has been replaced.
- New noticeboard to be installed at Deansway.
- Agreed that the Chairperson should be involved with Society purchases over £50.
- Issues regarding parking restrictions at Lordsmead were raised and it was agreed the relevant Councillor will be contacted.
- Several sites with unworked plots were mentioned, Wardens to contact relevant owners with a reminder to start cultivating early and to maintain good standards throughout the year.
12 June 2019
- Cricketts Lane strimmer has been repaired.
- Waiting list to be reviewed to confirm up to date.
- Concern raised at Lordsmead site for dogs on site not on lead. Will recirculate reminder that dogs on site must be on lead.
- Process for onboarding new tenants streamlined and agreed.
- Best allotment competition judging arranged and mark schemes distributed.